Google

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Art of post processing

With the advent of Digital photography one of the hot topics that has come up is about post processing. In the context of post processing, lots of discussions have happened starting from whether it is OK to post process to can you make a photo instead of taking! Each photographer (whether digital or film) has his own opinion on this. Pro-Post processing team argues that processing has always been a part even in film days, now the only difference is that it is done by everyone at home in a PC. Anti-Post processing team (who were also present before digital, but now has grown much more in number due to digital era) says a photo should depict what is out there.
OK, I am not going to take sides here, but will only give one interesting read here on post processing:

http://www.naturelyrics.com/articles/process_feelings/process_feel.html

Personally, I do feel that given an option to change my image (irrespective of film/digital) I would go for it if I feel that the modifications result in a better picture for me. If my mood is right, I wont restrict myself from generating an abstract out of a bird picture! Its upto you to decide how much time before computer is considered the right time :-)

Enjoy shooting and processing...

No comments: