Google

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back again

I am back after a "No Computer" weekend where I decided to shut myself out of the web world for the weekend! I find it interesting to take such short breaks and indulge in other creative activities (like eating, sleeping, playing with my daughter etc! :-)... And today, when I login, I feel refreshed and ready to go racing!

Ok, we'll get back to the story again... Once I had my Minolta Dimage Z1, I really started experimenting in the real sense! Now I had a camera where I don't need to spend for experimenting! WoW, that was a real bonus with the digital. I just took lots and lots of shots of a juice can in all possible angles and modes just for the heck of it! And I was never tired or bored. Though learning was not proportional to the number of snaps I took, it still was worth it as I was now fully comfortable with the camera, could operate it blindfolded. And the more I used it, dearer the camera felt. To tell the truth, Dimage Z1 is a really responsive camera (except in low light conditions where focus lock was tricky). Otherwise, I was able to lock the focus quickly and shutter lag was pretty acceptable. And it offered me almost all controls I wanted. Though I had to go to menus to set some options, I felt OK as I got used to this mode very soon. And then I started taking my camera out into nature which was the whole purpose of getting a ultra-zoom...

No comments: