Google

Thursday, August 9, 2007

My entry into photography

Befor touching upon other things, let me tell you my (short!) story in photography. I got caught in this exciting (but expensive!) hobby during my bird watching sessions. I used to admire those friends who were lugging around big tele lenses during the outings, while I will be going around with a bulky old binocular. Then with all my courage (to part with a big sum), I decided that I will jump into the photography bandwagon directly with an SLR (Mistake #1 ?). And I had CANON EOS300 with a basic double lens kit soon, and a big drop in my bank balance. With the initial enthusiasm, I started going around with the gear. Unfortunately, I started without any basics, and never had the courage to venture beyond the Auto mode most of the time. Another mistake I did was to try manual focussing most of the time instead of trusting the Auto focussing capabilities of my camera.

End result: Blurred pcitures most of the time, and very few which could even count as good snapshots!

This start, partly, is an inspiration to this blog which I hope can help atleast a few who are about to start this hobby, but has not checked the background realities.

Will continue this story in the next post...

1 comment:

Chris Nielsen said...

You'll never have money for a drug habit now you've got a photography habit :-)
Seems for me no matter how good gear I buy I always lust after better stuff.. I also got a twin lens kit with my 350D, now onto a 30D and upgraded both lenses to good consumer lenses, but now I want L lenses!!! It never stops!!!